From:
Greg Schoenborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 18:18:40 -0500

Hello again, and thanks again from all. The light is getting brighter all
the time. The fear level has dropped, too, thanks to many of you and your
help.

My main question is; who had erosive esophagitis before being diagnosed
(self or doctor), went gluten free and, later, found themselves off of
PPI's and had a healed esophagus?

I am hoping that after a while (months?) that I can quit taking my 60mg of
Prevacid (yech)a day and that my esophagus will heal. I was diagnosed by
scope in July with erosive esophagitis, and, with all of my other problems
and discoverys this year, I came to realize I am mega celiac and am now GF
for life, and already, starting to feel better.

I'm hoping once my gut starts to heal, so will my esohpagus. My
esophagus is really in bad shape. Of course, the CD was ALWAYS overlooked
as a mental problem, IBS (BS! is more like it) ect. You know the story.

So if anyone how has recovered from the agony of undiagnosed CD and also
had an esophagus problem that no longer needs attention because they are
GF, please let me know. I could use the insurance.

All of you are really nice, giving people. Thanks so much.
email direct if you want:

Greg Schoenborn
www.schoenborn.net

BTW my doctor is now all over me. He is just blown away by the fact that I
am celiac, and now I have his undivided attention. That's what it took to
get his attention. grrrrrrrrr