From:
shinma 1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 02:05:35 PST

I saw this on a mail list I am subscribed to.  I'm wondering if anyone has
ideas on how to convert this without me having to buy a premade gf yellow
cake mix.  Of course the oats are out of question, but at least those can be
replaced with poha.  Just a note: I am terrible at recipe conversion. :)

The recipe is a "do it yourself" Nutri-Grain bar recipe:

Q My children really enjoy eating Nutri-Grain bars but they are quite
  expensive. Do you happen to have a recipe for making these.
  Thanks, Tracy Q.

A Here is a recipe for a similar bar.

  Semi-Nutragrain Bars

  1 package yellow cake mix
  1 1/2 cup rolled oats
  3/4 cup melted butter
  12 ounces jam or other filling
  1 T. water

  Mix cake mix, oats and butter. Press half of the mix into a 9x13 greased
pan. Mix jam and water and spread over the mix. Add the remaining mix on top
and bake for 20 minutes at 375. Before cutting, cool completely.

I will summarize the replies.

angie (los angeles)