From:
Nancy Griffitts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Griffitts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 21:43:20 -0400

Hello all,

I received three responses about the Coeur d'Alene/Hayden Lake area.  All three were very helpful.  My family is spending a week there in early July.

There appears to be a strong support group in Northern Idaho and here is their link: http://celiacdisease.meetup.com/78

Here are some comments below.

"SUPER 1 (better prices & bigger selections) and FRED MEYERS both at Kathleen
and Hwy 95 have wonderful Gluten Free sections in their nutritional
departments. Don't miss either of them.   Life is good for GF here in North
Idaho."

"Also "THE FLOUR MILL" on Commerce behind the Hayden Post Office carries lots
of GF items too."

"BONSAI BISTRO downtown on Sherman" (across from the Coeur d'Alene Resort) "has a GF menu.  The usual OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE is always good if you order just like the GF menu states."

Another response referred to the BONSAI BISTRO as "nummy."  This restaurant sounds awesome because they have developed a gluten-free menu specifically for us.

There are a couple of HEALTHFOOD STORES, though their locations weren't mentioned.  But possibly a google search or a look at the support group website listed above will help if directions are needed.

Sounds to me like I will have no problems when I am there with my family!  Thank you!!!

Nancy Griffitts in NJ