From:
Adam-Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam-Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 07:46:38 -0900

Hi all,

I am thinking of starting a preschool, but concernd becuase when my own child was eating gluten, I seemed to get sick, even being as careful as I could about washing, etc. Although kids 3-5 years old will be cleaner than a toddler, I still get sick for unknown reasons that seem to be connected to people (kids) coming to our house to play.  Is it possible that crumbs from kids' fingers, pants, etc. are getting on my furniture, counters, etc. and causing me problems?  Since we have no gluten in the house, I am not as careful about always washing my hands as I am when I am at someone else's house, nor do I want to have to be on guard in my own home.

If I do a preschool, it will be a half-day non-lunch, and I will just provide snacks to the kids myself.

How do super sensitive people do it?  Must I be a hermit to stay healthy?  =) Ok, but seriously, my son seems to get sick everytime he plays with friends as well, even though I make sure that we dont play with playdough, etc.  Will I ever be able to go back to working in a regular elementary school?  At least with the preschool, I can ask parents to feed kids before they change out of their jammies and wash their hands before they come to school.

I am just so thankful that we do not have life-threatening anaphalactic shock allergies, but with two small children at home, I cannot afford to be down.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, comments, etc.

Thanks!

Emily Low in Alaska