From:
Jack and Laurie Tepe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 17:07:52 -0500

Ola tortilla afficienados- I have had about a dozen responses in the past @
24 hours on my first question about the ELECTRIC TORTILLA PRESS.  As luck
would have it; everyone wanted to me to let them know if I found one.
(There was also a lead for the Williams Sonoma Catalog to no avail - thanks
anyway.) It dawned on me that I could surf the net on this one and after
about an hour of browsing every possible tortilla related concept I
actually found one.  Now there are probably other brands somewhere out
there.  Ergo this disclaimer: I have no financial or other interest in this
product that I am about to reveal.

I ordered it via E-mail.  Please note that I have never ordered anything of
value over the internet.  I'll let you know HOW, WHEN and especially IF I
ever receive it! At least the VISA # was "encoded"(?).

The page I found had a picture of the unit.  It looks like the one that I
want.  (Home use, not commercial).  Here is the info:
ADG (Associated Distributers Corp.) Bosch Kitchen Center. (On Line).
Electric Tortilla Chef. $56.95 US. #SLC-370750. Exclusive Distributor for
North America. "No rolling, no frying. Uniform temperature. 1 minute.
Non-stick. Guaranteed, Instructions and Recipes included". The info. on the
s&h is vague at best.

Hopefully it was worth the risk of making a purchase via internet (?).

Ok, the hard part: I think the e-mail address is:
https://www.islandnet.com/~adgbosch/saltlake/tortilla.htm. I found it by
going thru YAHOO with (finally) a "kitchen equipment" search.  Somehow
after several listings I found this.  Check it out.

I'll do a summary of #2 question later.  Maybe I should hit the net for
that as well? Thanks for the much appreciated info so far.

Adios, Laurie