From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:41:33 -0400

Thank you to the listmate who sent these two websites:

http://www.ovkosher.org/default.asp?Page_ID=532

My caveat: Says to tear off the first three and last three sheets of paper towels. Doesn't say why, and it may have nothing to do with wheat. If there is wheat (not from Matzah) in any part of those towels, no Orthodox or Conservative Rabbi would approve the product for Passover, with or without the beginning and the end of the roll. (I observe Passover rituals for religious reasons. They coincidentally help my celiac.) And oddly enough, none of my Rabbis ever told me to tear off the towels.

http://www.clanthompson.com/res_news_alerts.php3
Georgia Pacific Products: Georgia Pacific states that the following products are no longer gluten free since there are trace amounts of gluten in the glue used to hold the paper together and in the roll sealant: Angel Soft Toilet Paper, Brawny Paper Towels, Quilted Northern Toilet Paper, Sparkle Paper Towels, Mardi Gras Napkins and Paper Towels, Soft and Gentle Toilet Paper.

Oh, my gosh. I can see it now. Let's not start a thread of who reacts to toilet paper!
I'm not goin' there!         Have a Happy July 4th.

Lin

*******
*******