From:
Elaine Mathews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 07:04:13 -0500

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I received an e-mail from Dr. Fine that
said "Most of his autoimmune clients are gluten sensitive as predicted.
The genes (Dermatomyositis and celiac disease) are the same as I indicated."

You see I am celiac and after six years they found dermatomyositis.  This
is an attack on your muscles from the antibodies.  It is autoimmune.  I
also have thyroid problems.  I was doing a little research and now I am
finding they are the same gene.

I would suggest that everyone with celiac disease and other autoimmune
complications write to www.aarda.org and let them know about it so that
they can come up with some sort of program to track these autoimmune
diseases.  I have read an article in the www.aarda.org website that Johns
Hopkins University wanted these tract.  Well this is where a lot of the
autoimmune diseases are showing up.  With celiac disease.

Also a great researcher in Norway told me when I told him about all of the
autoimmune problems "We believe that many of the secondary disorders are
peptide mediated which we look for in 10 ml. of the first fasting morning
urine."  Now doesn't that indicate they are having a lot of problems with
secondary conditions to celiac disease.

Now we need to find doctors who can work with us patients that are getting
secondary complications.  Boy, am I ever ahead of the game.  We are just
getting these people diagnosed and I want a "fix" to this problem.

Maybe the NIH will get involved now.  I have given them all of this
information.  We need to get PRESSURE ON THE NIH.  WRite to the AARDA and
tell them what I just wrote.  They have e-mail under their website.

Thanks for reading,
Elaine