Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:14:04 EDT

My doc has prescribed fossomax and caltrate for osteoporosis.  (I checked on
the caltrate with Whitehall-Robins and they said it was GF - (August 2001))
I did not realize when handed the prescription that the calcium in caltrate
was calcium carbonate.  In the past I have taken citrical (calcium citrate)
which I had thought was more absorbable.  Is  calc carbonate better with
fossomax than calc citrate?  Is my doc not up to speed on this?

I'm an old geezer (72 next month) with prostate cancer and crumby bones do to
medications.  Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Tom Vickrey  <[log in to unmask]>