From:
Susan Wagener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:13:03 EST

Hi all,
Just had a very good experience at Big Bowl Restaurant in Linclonshire,
Illinois. Spoke with both the executive chef and head chef to determine what
menu items would be GF. Learned that they grind own spices in house, use only
the highest quality ingredients and have a very high level awareness about
dietary restrictions.

Big Bowl does fresh asian cooking. It is part of the Lettuce Entertain You
restaurant chain. Big Bowl Restaurants are currently located at 6 East Cedar,
Chicago, 159 W. Erie, Chicago and 3669 Galleria, Edina, Minnesota.

Menu items which are GF include:  Vietnamese chicken noodle soup, Thai garlic
chicken with peanuts, pad thai vegetables & tofu, shrimp and chicken, and
vietnamese summer rolls.

I find it difficult to find restaurants I can truly trust to be GF. I have
eaten at Big Bowl several times and find that the items listed I can eat
safely. Hope this helps others as well.
Susan Wagener
Chicago Area