Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:58:48 -0800

-Well, at least they're honest about their attitude,
and brief in their
answer.

-I'd be curious about the required Allergy Labeling.
They used to flour lines but didn't mention it because
it wasn't in the product..

-Boy, Brach's just doesn't care  -  M

-Standard reply from Brach for years. There's no doubt
most of their stuff is GF,
altho there could be CC, but they refuse to help.
Won't buy their stuff as a result.

-Thanks for sharing - I personally think we should ALL
write to Ms. Chaltin and explain that they need to get
on the gluten free train before it's too late. I'd not
consider eating anything from them now, even if it was
marked gluten free. I'll be letter her know that.

Happy Holidays!

-Once again, they try to dodge the bullet. I haven't
bought anything from Brach's since rumor said they
dusted their conveyor belts with flour and Brach's
wouldn't deny it. How unfortunate that they don't
realize we're thrilled to buy their competitions'
products because the latter is willing to take the
trouble to know their products. They just don't want
to spend the money on testing.
It will be a lot easier to push them when the FDA
finalizes the amount for gluten-free and CSA stops
fighting all the other groups on the level.

-Hi,
I so dislike this company.
They wont do anything to look if their products are gf
or not.

THIS WAS THE REPLY;
12/12/2007

Thank you for your interest in Brach’s and for
contacting us about the gluten free status of our
Brach*s Mix. Please be advised that the FDA has yet to
establish any standards or guidelines. Consequently,
we do not consider any of our products gluten free.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Yours truly,

Marybeth Chaltin ([log in to unmask])
Brach’s Consumer Relations