Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:23:50 EST

I have received a lot of responses on my post. Mostly from people wanting to
know if I find out anything wonderful.  Sorry, no cure found but some info.
that might help.  I also posted on a "mother's list" I am on.  I received 10
symptoms of CD were very interested and wanted more info. as their symptoms
mimicked CD.

Here are some of the responses I received:
<<I have a lot of information on my celiac disease web site regarding CD and
Fibromyalgia.
Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac Support Page:
http://www.celiac.com/>>

One person said:
<< I really believe that there is no such thing as fibromyalgia; it's just
another catch-all that our ignorant medical system in the USA  has come up
with to avoid a real diagnosis.>>

Another said:
<<I am not a doctor, just a celiac.  However, I'd like to share my theory
aout celiac disease and fibromyalgia....or the symptoms of fibromyalgia
as I'm not sure it's really a disease; it may be just a cluster of
symptoms.  Anyway, celiac disease predisposes one to an overgrowth of
candida yeast (why, no one has explained) and the yeast overgrowth can
cause muscle and joint problems.  Stopping eating gluten will help but
some people need to treat the candida infection in addition to being
gluten free.  Taking acidophilus helps (you can get it at your health
food store).  Eating a diet free of sugar helps.  And sometimes you need
to get prescription medication also.  Nystatin helps me.>>
~~~~~
There were two who had lupus, Fibro and CD stating that Fibromyalgia is an
autoimmune disease.  Many felt that once on a GF diet, their Fibro was
"cured", some felt their Fibro was just made better.

Others felt that when they avoided gluten-containing foods and corn, beef,
dairy, tomatoes, soy, and corn their symptoms were elliminated.

One person stated that Fiwas due to malabsorption.

One person stated that their Dr. believes that CD and Fibro are one in the
same disease and treats them both the same, by taking them off gluten.

Thanx for the responses.  I think we need more studies on these diseases!

----Lorraine Dowdle