From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 17:06:30 -0700

I had originally asked if anyone new of any gluten-free options at SFSU.
The list is always a wealth of information, but unfortunately, there weren't
any replies regarding personal experiences with SFSU.  I called and left a
message with the person in charge of dining, Julie Roh (not sure of
spelling).  We haven't spoken to each other, but she left a message for me
that said there were plenty of gf options.  Since there hasn't been that
much experience with this college on the list, I hope to be able to share a
good experience next year.

Here are the responses I received:

Just thought I would introduce myself to you. I have developed gluten free
mixes that even a guy can make. My sons were my inspiration and my eldest
mixes up Mix #6 bread while he is on the phone between studying.

Because everything for the bread and pizza Mix#5 is in the package already
blended together, all they have to do is add liquid and stir, let sit 2
hours then put in bread pan, rise and bake.

Hope this helps,

Trina

www.astoriamills.ca

 Why don't you call Food Service at the college yourself.  You can ask the
very questions you and your son have and press them for real answers.  Your
son may have sensitivities which another student does not.  If you
call,you'll get the answers YOU nned.

Good luck,

Virginia

There is a great Vietnamese restaurant in the Castro on 18th Street called
Zadin which has many GF options on their menu.

Be sure to try the fish rolls and the shaken beef.

Thank you,  Sidona