From:
Spach, Jay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:59:35 -0400

I was delighted to find a wonderful seafood restaurant quite by chance on
the border of Co. Waterford and Co. Cork in Ireland. It is Aherne's Seafood
in the town of Youghal (pronounced Yawl), It serves not only excellent
seafood and has a fine wine list but, and I had no pre-knowledge of this, my
wife looked down the bottom of the menu and it said "Please inform us of any
food allergies , e.g., coeliac disease". It turns out the owner's
brother-in-law is celiac and they get a couple of us a week there. Imagine
the heaven I was in to be able to have bread from the bread basket before
dinner. The owner went over the menu assuring me what was GF and what could
or couldn't be made GF. The dessert torte was in a meringue instead of wheat
crust, etc.

This is also a bed and breakfast so I can imagine great GF breakfasts as
well. Tel. in Ireland is (024) 92424. Fax: (024) - 93633. Email:
[log in to unmask] The web site is being renovated at www.ahernes.com.

Enjoy!

Jay Spach