From:
"Sally B. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 15:28:50 -0500

Hi Everyone -- Thanks so much for all the responses to my question about
whether one crumb from the toaster will hurt.  Universally the answer
was a definite yes.  As several folks pointed out, it's not just the one
crumb from the toaster, it's the others from the butter, jam, whatever.
It adds up.  Most important, it seems to me, is this: even if one crumb
from the toaster doesn't give you symptoms (and several said it didn't,
but the majority said it did), it's still doing the damage to your small
intestine. And that damage is serious.  So I am now convinced that I've
got to be scrupulous and vigilant.
Thanks everyone for the information. It's nice to have this list to turn
to since no one I know has even heard of celiac disease!
Sally