From:
"L.Shriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 10:18:09 -0600

Here is a recipe for GF Sugar cookies I hope you like them.
Thank you,
Lucy

Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 Cups Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Tapioca Starch
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
2 Eggs, beaten

In a med size bowl, mix Brown Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Salt, and Baking
Powder.  Blend well and set aside.  In a mixing bowl, cream Butter, and
slowly add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.  Add the two beaten Eggs.
and Vanilla and blend again.  Add Flour mixture and mix until mixture pulls
away from the side of the bowl.

Place cookie dough in waxed paper ( I rolled it like a log) and chill in the
refrigerator for several hours.  When the dough is chilled, you can either
cut it with cookie cutters or slice it to make round cookies.

Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees.  I have found that with
gluten free cookies, it is better to let them cool first, before taking off
of the cookie sheet.  This reduces crumbling.  I also use a spatula, to
remove the cookies from the pan.

I made Witch Hats out of mine.

I cut into a round cookie shape. (used a knife and cut about a 1/2 inch of
dough and placed on cookie sheet)

When cookies are done, let cool, and then remove from pan with spatula.
Spread your favorite GF chocolate frosting on each
cookie, place a Hershey's kiss in the middle and then with a orange colored
frosting, you can decorate around the base of the
Hershey's kiss, to make it resemble a hat band.

If you need a icing recipe, please email me and I will be happy to mail
them. ( I use a butter cream icing.)

Lucy
The Gluten Free Kitchen
http://home1.gte.net/lbshri