From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:59:32 -0800

Dr.  Fine is sharply criticized for not publishing his work in the
conventional, peer review fashion.  But I can tell you that his tests were
very valuable for at least one celiac who is precious to me, my son.  A few
years ago, he was 23 years old was depressed, having hallucinations,
delusions, wide spread severe muscle pain.  He couldn't hold a job and had
failed most of his college cources.  His life was in shambles.  My son's
conventional tests for CD came out negative so I went to Dr. Fine for
testing.  His tests came out positive for gluten sensitivity w/
malabsorption, equivalent for celiac disease.  When my ailing son started on
the GF diet, all the symptoms that were ruining his life vanished w/i a few
days.  He returned to college, got his grades up high enough to be accepted
to a four year university where he is fulfilling his dream to get a degree
in history.

I'm an RN so I've seen the corruption inside the medical industry.  It's
often who you know rather than what you know that attracts the light of
credibility upon a physicians work.  Besides the corruption of politics,
there's also the corruption of greed for money involved that keeps a lot of
very helpful and INEXPENSIVE solutions for health problems hidden from the
doctors education and the public.  But, thanks to the internet, things are
changing.  If it weren't for the internet, I'm not sure I'd still be alive
and my son would probably be in a mental institution.

Valerie in Tacoma