Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:55:58 EDT

Kraft does not have a gluten-free list and hasn't for at least two years.
Are you perhaps accessing some obsolete webpage?

Here's their VERY clear statement on gluten:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/health/articles/gluten_free_0623031.pdf . If it
doesn't list a gluten source, then it doesn't contain gluten.

You are okay with "artificial flavors".  Gluten and anything made from
wheat can be hidden behind the words "natural flavors."  Wheat is natural
and does not have chemicals in it.  Whenever I see the words "natural
flavors I call the company and ask what the natural flavors are.  Sometimes
they will tell me and sometimes they won't.  In cases where they will not
tell me what the natural flavors are, they have always told me whether they
have gluten or not.  I would never eat anything that says "natural flavors"
without talking to the company.

As you probably know by now, Kraft will always list any allergens, including
wheat.  I trust them, so if you don't find anything on the list, I would say
it is safe.
Yes, Kraft will clearly indicate any gluten on their label.
To see our Gluten-Free Product List and an other list of the companies that
clearly indicate gluten, go to this other excellent site:
 http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages

Yes, Kraft Caramels are GF. I phoned the company in Sept 2003.  Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone who wrote!