From:
Debbie Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 09:48:22 -0800

Thanks to all who have responded so far. Many that did seemed reluctant to go very deep into their stories. If it is for privacy, I understand, although no names will ever be revealed at any time to anyone. If it is because you feel I don't want a ton of long emails, please email again with the LONG version. Many wanted more clarification as to what I was searching for. I'm interested in when people first started having health problems and what they were, how long trying to get a diagnosis of the problems before a final diagnosis of Celiac, other diagnosis that were given before Celiac, what support and information was given by physicians, and how having Celiac disease has affected your lives and the lives of other people in your life (I'm looking for honesty - I want to know if you watch every other TV commercial being one for food that you can't eat and feel like a societal outcast!). Do relatives have symptoms? Did a relative die from something that may have been related to undiagnosed Celiac? I'm researching to promote awareness and, again, no names will be used in anything that eventually comes from this research. Thank you to all who will help and to those who already have.     Debbie/AZ