From:
Dawn Pilney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Pilney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 00:28:13 -0400

A mention was made a few weeks ago of glass ionomer fillings containing
gluten.  We just noticed that one of my son's glass ionomer fillings has fallen
out and I'm not sure what type to ask them to use to replace it.  We used
glass ionomer in the past because of concerns about mercury in amalgams.
He was recently diagnosed with celiac.  We rescheduled his well-check last
month to give the office time to find out if their cleaning paste and flouride
treatment were gluten-free; it took them 2 weeks to finally determine that
they are gf.  Now we suddenly need to deal with this painful lost filling.  Does
anyone have a recommendation for the best gf filling option for a child?

*******
*******