From:
Christian Gassler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 06:58:53 -0500

Hi Listmates

I've been milling my own flours in a very sturdy german made mill.
It takes almost everything, but remember the following caveats:

Never ever mill tapioca granules! Your mill will be messed up and
will need being taken apart in order to clean the stones - big mess !!!

Oily grains are best milled if mixed with something dry, say rice. In
most cases, the flours are used in a mix, so there is no problem with
"pure" flours anyway.

Quinoa and amaranth are tiny, hard grains. They tend to give a sandy
texture, unless they are introduced in little ammounts. If your mill
can be set to accept various ammounts of grains at a time, choose small
quantities or fill in the grains a teaspoonful at a time.

Keep your mill free of gluten grains!

Happy holidays from

Christian, Basel, Switzerland