From:
Greg Eric <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:42:00 -0500

Hello all.

First let me say if you put your full, real name in here it will show up,
for instance, all over Google during a search of "your name". I didn't
realize that, and am somewhat disappointed my bowel problems are all over
the world. So much for that.

For the real stuff. I have been GF since Nov 1st 2000. I had a biopsy,
which was negative. It was an enteroscope, 30 samples taken in the
jejunum.  Negative on all. Even my doctor look at it with the
pathologist, which I'm still not sure how much credit I can give them
for their knowledge. The only thing that came up positive was my Tissue
Transglutaminaise test ( tTG ) which was 143 I think Normal is, you
guessed it... <20. I have not been retested. I might get that done
around Feb 1 (90 GF days).  I am still having severe carbohydrate
malabsorption. My stool is very grainy when I eat rice, corn pasta comes
out as corn pasta, potatoes come out as potatoes, sweet potatoes come
out as the same, ect, ect. Fruits, for example, like blueberries, apple
chunks, ect do the same thing. Vegetables like ... well ... you get the
story. Diarrhea all the time. Not severe, not explosive, just never
'together' . So, so depressing. And my guts are always grumbling, gas,
pain, on and on. I try to eat perfect. No spices, sweets... nothing.
Plain, ordinary, no milk, no eggs, no nuts, no butter, NO FOOD diet.
Plain meats, fish, vegetables, fruits. What's left? Dying from not eating?

I am so frustrated.

1. How many of you had carbohydrate digestion problems?
2. Did it get worse and never resolve?
3. Did it ever resolve?
4. How long did it take after going GF?

You can mail