From:
Rene' Delehanty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 20:01:31 +0000

My fiancee and I have been playing with some new recipes and have come
up with two which we think are very good (and so does my son and his
best friend--so you know if two 13-year-old gluten eaters like a
gluten-free recipe, it MUST be good!).

Here they are--enjoy!

GLUTEN-FREE HAMBURGER HELPER

2 pounds low-fat hamburger
20 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups rice macaroni
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 quarts boiling water

While you are browning the hamburger in a skillet, boil the water for
the macaroni. Cook macaroni until soft (about 5 minutes).

Drain hamburger and put it back into the skillet on low heat. Add
spaghetti sauce and cooked macaroni to hamburger. Sprinkle mozzarella
cheese on top. Turn off heat. Put a lid over everything for just a
couple of minutes while cheese melts.

PORK CHOPS AND RICE
(this recipe can be cut in half)

6-8 medium pork chops (de-boned)
1 medium onion
2 cans Chicken with Rice soup
Enough Minute Rice to fill 1 1/2 empty soup cans
2 soup cans of water
1 Tablespoon shredded orange peel (can be omitted, but it tastes great
with it!)

Heat oven to 350=B0. Brown the chops and onions in a skillet, adding a
small amount of oil if necessary. Heat the cans of soup (either in a
microwave or on a pan on the stove), adding the 2 soup cans of water.
Bring the soup to a boil then remove from heat. Add the Minute Rice to
the soup and cover. Let it sit for 5 minutes.

Put the browned chops and onions in a casserole dish. Add the rice soup
mixture to the skillet and stir, scraping up the meat drippings and any
left over onions. Pour into casserole. Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes.
You may need to add a little water to mixture to keep it from drying
out.