From:
Marian Wisnev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:11:47 -0600

Guess I have some nerve, but I just E-mailed Lt. Gov. Swift, even tho I
live in MO.   According the the  Feb. 26 issue of Newsweek,  Lt. Gov.
Swift is soon to become Governor as President Bush has appointed the
current Governor Ambasador to Canada.  I wrote as follows:  Dear  LT.
Gov. Swift:  Congratulations on your becoming the Governor of your
Commonwealth and the Mother of twins!  Although I  live in Missouri, we
do have something in common - Celiac Disease!   We are in need of more
AWARENESS, AWARENESS, AWARENESS of this disease.  As you may know, Rich
Gannon, the Quarterback of the Oakland Raiders is doing infomercials on
ESPN about Celiac Disease as his daughter has been diagnosed with it.  We
desparately need other prominent people to discuss and publicize this
disease either in print or on the airwaves.  As I am sure you are aware,
it takes an average of 10 years for an adult to be diagnosed in the U.S.
vs. 3 - 4 months in Europe and Australia.  Current estimates are that 1
in 150 people suffer from this disease.  This week's Time magazine has an
article about CD.  Please help us - we MUST increase AWARENESS both to
the physicians and to the general public.  Thank you for your
consideration.  And much happiness to you and your family.

If  you don't think I'm crazy, perhaps you could Email her (using your
own words) at :  GOFFICE@state,ma.us............can't hurt!