From:
Kathy Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:14:25 -0800

Lately I have been reading that the Kirkland Signature Mature Adult Daily Multivitamin/Multimineral is NOT GF.  I have just finished talking to a representative who was kind enough to forward the following e-mail to me.  I have included it below.  It specifically states that this product IS GF.  She later called and made the statement that the older bottles did not state GF on the label , however, the new bottles will.  I hope this helps with the controversy.  I personally will continue to buy Kirkland at Costco.

Regarding: Kirkland SignatureŽ Mature Adults Daily Multivitamin & Minerals with Lutein, 350 count.
List Number:  CF50235
Lot Number:  N/A

Dear Mrs. XXXX
We appreciate you taking the time to contact us regarding Kirkland SignatureŽ Mature Adults Daily Multivitamin with Lutein, 350 count. Specifically, you stated that you would like to know if the product contains gluten.

The Nutritional Labeling and Education Act (NLEA) and, subsequently, the Dietary Supplement, Health and Education Act (DSHEA) mandated that all vitamin/mineral labels show full disclosure, meaning all ingredients in a formula should be listed on the label. All products manufactured by Leiner Health Products are in full compliance with the rules set by NLEA and DSHEA. Please note that this product does not contain gluten. If any of our products contain gluten the ingredients would contain oat, barley, rye and wheat. The type of starch used is cornstarch.

Please note that I sent you a copy of one of our newer labels for Kirkland Signature's Mature Adult Daily Multi with Lutein. If you have any further questions please feel free to call us at (800) 421-1168 Extension 7031. We will be happy to help.

We look forward to serving your current and future health care needs.

Sincerely,
Kristi Hsieh
Leiner Health Products
Consumer Relations Department