Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 11:46:28 EDT

This is an update to my post about being diagnosed with autoimmune ear
disease a couple of years ago.  I have it in only one ear.  I started losing hearing
in that ear before my cd diagnosis about 8 years ago.  The hearing continued
downward after going gf.  Last year my hearing improved slightly in that ear
according to the tests.  I just had another test yesterday and the hearing is
way better.  I had thought I could hear better with that ear but wasn't sure.
The doctor was so happy because it is unusual for a person's hearing to
improve on its own.
Anyway, I was trying to figure out what I had been doing differently in the
last couple of years.  I wanted to share this with the few people I heard from
with this problem in case it helps.  For the last couple of years, I have been
taking a product called Moducare (plant sterols) that claims it regulates
one's immune system - calms it down if over-active or peps it up if under-active.
 The health store owner says he has several rheumatoid arthritis sufferers
that swear by it.  I have also been taking a good brand of Co Q 10.  I have no
idea if either of these things is the reason that my hearing has improved.  My
spring allergies seem to be quite a bit better this year also.
  Barb in Springfield, OH