Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:16:33 -0700

It is my understanding  that it is the gliadin FRACTION of gluten that we
are sensitive to ( found in wheat, rye barley, spelt, triticale and kamut)
but people commonly say gluten. Probably to make it simpler since if we say
gliadin fraction most people won't know what we are talking about.  Also,
oats contains the prolamin fraction of gluten, that  is why it is treated
differently  from the others mentioned. Helen RN