From:
Patricia Vigneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:30:51 -0400

    Many thanks to those of you who replied to my inquiry as to how many
celiacs out there also have diabetes. I received approximately 24
disease, but there were a few who had been diagnosed with CD first, like
I had.

    I received SO many encouraging emails saying to just "hang in
there", and many promises that "it does get easier in time."  Many of
you also related some of your own personal experiences dealing with both
celiac and diabetes. One respondant sent a copy of a newspaper article
on celiac disease in which they had been featured, and another offered
to swap gluten-free/sugar-free recipes with me! Many also offered the
opportunity to write if I ever had any questions or problems or just
plain need or want to talk.

    Again, my heartfelt THANKS to each of you, you're the best!  Best
Wishes and Good Health to All, Pat V in NJ