From:
Caulene Bussard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caulene Bussard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:52:30 -0500

My original questions were
1.  if TriBoron Plus is available outside of the US and
2.  what ingredients it contains.

Many thanks to all who provided information.  Here is a summary.

1.  Is it available outside of the US?
    No one has provided a definate answer on this but one person
suggested :

*Since it is not a prescription item, just a supplement, I would guess
that you
could order it from a US source and pay shipping airmail to where you
are.
The cheapest source I have found is:
<http://www.doctorstrust.com>

In the search box (upper left) of the page that comes up, type:
tri boron plus
and click on the Go button.

2.  Ingredients:
*Its main ingredients are Cal/mag with Vit D and Boron which makes
the body absorb  and utilize the calcium.

*A very resourceful individual sent me this detalied information and
source:

I found this by doing a search for companies that sell Twinlab
products...
http://www.myhealthpro.net/cgi-bin/store.pl?user=&pass=&bai=&a=di
sp&pid=255307
 I'm sure there are lots of those places.  Knowing what's in it many
allow you to either find a similar product, or 'build' one with individual
items.

TRI-BORON PLUS is a combination of three natural, highly utilizable,
chelated sources of the trace mineral boron. Studies indicate that
boron improves calcium metabolism and utilization. TRI-BORON
PLUS capsules synergistically combine the trace mineral boron with
calcium, magnesium and vitamin D plus trace minerals zinc,
manganese and copper which are integral co-factors for several
enzymes involved in bone metabolism. Betaine HCI is added to
enhance calcium and magnesium absorption. TRI-BORON PLUS is
clearly the most complete state-of-the-art bone health formula ever
developed.

They contain no tablet binders or coatings which may resist
dissolving. No added sugars, salt (sodium), artificial color, flavors or
preservatives.

As a dietary supplement, take four capsules daily, preferably two
capsules with breakfast and two capsule with breakfast and two
capsules with an evening meal. Studies indicate that calcium is best
utilized when taken in multiple dosages.

Twinlab

Packaged Weight: 1.83 lbs.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 4 Capsules

Servings per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving %Daily

Value*

Vitamin D3 400 iu 100%

Boron (from boron citrate, boron aspartate and boron glycinate) 3 mg.

Calcium (from calcium citrate and calcium carbonate) 1000 mg. 100%

Copper (from copper gluconate) 500 mcg. 25%

Magnesium (from magnesium aspartate and magnesium oxide) 500
mg. 125%

Manganese (from manganese gluconate) 5 mg.

Zinc (from zinc picolinate and histidine complex) 15 mg. 100%

Betaine HCl (betain hydrochloride) 324 mg.

*Percentage daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily
values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

**Daily Value not established

3.  And as a bonus, another question was answered as to its
suitability for celiacs.

         We've been checking it out. It has starch in it, and it is
probably safe since it was reported on this list with a good result. Our
doctor in Waterville, Maine looked it up and said it was safe to use with
Fosomax. One of the starches is from corn, we don't know what the
other
starch is.

Many thanks to all for your help.