From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 14:03:20 -0500

Hi All--

I posted a summary re: IgM and IgE responses a few weeks ago and
mentioned for those who were interested, there was an elimination diet
aimed at food preservatives, additives, and artificial colors and
flavors. In this diet, they talk about "free-range eggs" and in the
local health food store, I found "free-range chicken." Can anyone tell
me what this means? The diet indicates that some people get along better
with free-range eggs than those bought in the grocery and that any
sensitivity to eggs is most likely from amines that develop as eggs age.
I can get fresh farm eggs from a friend, but I don't think this is what
they mean by free-range.

As always, any information is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that
within the next few months, I'll be able to find out why, as many of us
wonder, we did better on the gf diet for a while and then not so good
later. I'm operating on the supposition that if there is a gluten
intolerance, there is most likely other intolerances and even our gf
foods often contain artificial colors, preservatives and what not.

Thanks...

Ayn Gilliland
Topeka, Kansas