From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:12:02 -0500

I made the first really decent GF bread for by son the other day and just
had to share the recipe.  Others have promoted Kinnikinnick's mix on this
list serve, so I bought a package but hadn't used it.  Basically I followed
their recipe for yeasted bread on the back with a couple of additions:

2 c Kinnikinnick's "Kinni-Kwik Bread and Bun Mix"
1 1/3 c warm water
3 t yeast
1 t sugar
2 eggs
2 T melted butter

Add yeast and sugar to water and mix.  Let stand until foamy.  At to mix and
begin to beat with your Kitchenaid (or whatever you use for GF breads).  Add
in eggs and butter.  Blend thoroughly (I mixed this all for 3-4 minutes on
slow-medium speed.)  Put into greased loaf pan and let sit in warm place for
15 minutes.  Put into pre-heated 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes.  You
will probably need to cover with foil part way through to prevent over
browning.

The Kinnikinnick recipe says to bake the bread for 50 minutes, but mine was
done in half the time.  This made me a bit nervous, but I found the loaf
done all the way through.  This  has made the best PB&J sandwiches that my
son has ever had.  I'm so glad I made the effort to putz with the
recipe...something I've done many times with gluten breads, but never with
GF ones.

Keep in mind that I live at 5500 ft.  Your results at your elevation may
differ.

I have no financial interest in Kinnikinnick's products...just passing along
a success story.