Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:09:24 EST

I did not allow my husband to go onnthe drugs as I've heard fom several
hospital professionals how many people develop the permanent muscle weakness.
Instead he takes red yeast rice, niacin and a spoonful of Metamucil twice a day as
wel  as exercises threee? times a week.  I also try to cook using a lot of
olive oil and we do not eat fried foods except every now and then.  He stays
away from burger joints - (mostly) and either eats the lower fat sandwiches at
Subway or takes his lunch.  Result - good readings!  no risk!  Good luck!  Pam
++++++++++

I just read your summary and though I would add one more thought.  I was able
to lower both my cholesterol and triglycerides by about 100 points with a GF
diet that is low on processed carbs. I eat all the complex carbs I want -
potatos, rice, fruits etc. I don't eat any trans fats - try to stick with olive
oil and canola oil. I never put breads, crackers and cakes and etc back into my
diet. I was amazed by my newest lipid numbers.  Don't know if diet works for
everyone but it did work for me. Anne
++++++++

I do not know much about Vytorin - in fact I never heard of it. But if it is
a statin you may want to check CoQ10. Statins deplete this enzyme and it is
needed by every cell for energy. There are some doctors who are putting people
on this when they start statins.
++++++++

I am on zochor, with no side affects at all and it is confirmed gluten free
by my dr.  She called and checked on it for me.  It has helped bring
cholesterol down quite a bit.
++++++++