From:
J Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 18:08:20 +0000

Hi, all!  I am re-sending this to the list because apparently all the
account are winding up in my desktop mail program's delete file.  Sorry for
the delay in getting this out.

I asked my husband regarding United's new meal policy.  He is the ADA
Coordinator at a large state university and has been working as an ADA
compliance officer for about 15 years and this is his response:

>I would need more information on United's policy for this
>and standard meal policy on international flights as of
>March 1 to have a professional opinion.  I am happy to do
>this if you want
>
>Here is my campaign without that:
>
>encourage everyone to
>
>1: write and inquire about gluten free meals 2: write out raged
>
>3: send copy of United responses to your senator or
>representative and ask them if they will forward it to the
>Dept. of Justice for an opinion of its legality under the
>ADA.

I had sent him the original posting about the meal policy back in March.  I
asked him why forward to my senator or representative and he pointed out
that this would get the Dept. of Justice (the arm of government  that
enforces the ADA) involved in scrutinizing the situation and if it is a
violation of the ADA then the airline would find out pretty quickly.

Jane in OH