Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:39:48 -0500

For the past 2 years I have been suffering from moderate to severe
burning pain in my hips and legs. I cannot stand more than 5 or 10
minutes at a time.  Doctors have said it is nerve pain probably due to
the celiac. Does anyone else have this problem and have you found any
relief?  I have tried Ultram(prescription pain reliever), neurontin(an
anti-seizure drug used for nerve pain), various anti-depressants,
acupuncture, homeopathy, physical therapy, alpha lipoic acid(supplement
used for diabetic nerve pain),capsicum(hot pepper lotions),
vitamin-mineral supplements, Chinese herbal medicine, prayer. I am
getting some relief with the acupuncture.  The only other thing I can
think of is immune suppressant drugs.  Is there any way to tell if the
nerve damage is from years of malnutrition or if it is auto-immune
related?

Any proven or unproven suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Neil in PA, USA