From:
jody hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:33:42 -0700

I just wanted to tell everyone,that Iam doing my best to stay positive
coz I cant change my diagnoses.

Yes I agree everyone has to go thru a "why me"

Yes I agree it is hard,very hard,but in this day in age it is alot
easier.So many people have different problems and many restuarants even
planes can accomodate.

I was diagnosed 4 years ago.It was a blessing as I was so ill that I
was glad they knew what it was.

It is trial and error for me.I have had some food that i got ill on and
rember to take alka seltzer gold which helps neutrilize the symptoms.

Most of my friends are very supportive.The one that has a hard time
with it is my husband.All 3 kids of mine are great.I have a daughter
that is a chef and on special occasions she comes to cook for me all
wheat and GF...It is wonderful!

I can tell you that carol fensters and bette hagman recipe books have
helped alot.From there books I have made an angel food cake which my
family adores and i have made cookies which are super.I always substite
corn starch for the potato as the potao flour/starch makes me ill.

This list serv has been like my bible.It is so helpful.Thank god for
it.The hardest thing for me is if iam in a hurry and want to grab
something to eat it is difficult.So for those times I grab a gen-i-soy
protein bar and I love the tazo drinks.

Kinninkkinnik and gillians are my favorite places to order foods.Also I
just ordered "couse your special" baking mixes which iam anxous to try.

I think ordering has helped me the best for the first few years,now
that iam getting healthier i have more energy to be creative in the
kitchen.Energy foods has a most delious fruit bread that i can order
around the holidays.I think if you can either make up some really
special desserts or foods that you really like,or order them and have
on hand,for me it has helped alot.

All I can say is that it does get better and for all newbies just hang
in there and focus on yourself that you can do it and you will be able
to survive.
jody
oregon