From:
Paul Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 12:27:01 +0100

Has anyone out there ever heard of coeliacs disease going into remission
???

A colleague of mine was diagnosed at 1 yr old and then followed the diet
for 19 years. She was given some blood tests and then told that she no
longer had the disease. I informed her that to the best of my knowledge
once you've got it that's it but she has been told she is no longer a
coeliac and has had no symptoms for 9 years whilst eating gluten all the
time.

She is trying to source me an article printed in the U.K. Coeliac
Society's newsletter about 1 in 50 cd sufferers actually become cured
after time.

Has anyone heard of this ??
--
Paul Rodgers