From:
kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 17:59:41 -0700

Dear Friends,

I have been GF for a month now (except for an all-too-convincing  gluten
challenge) and I have enjoyed some health benefits already. Some
symptoms abated quickly. In addition, a little bonus is that my eyes and
ears have improved a bit.

Because I have so many food sensitivities, my diet is primarily fruits,
veggies, nuts and seeds, and fish, and a little rice. Even a modest
serving of rice at lunch makes me very sleepy, but I can take some at
breakfast, so I often have brown rice bread with eggs, etc. I take the
fruits and veggies raw, if possible.

Before knowing about GF I tried a common liver cleanse tea, and was
surprised to feel "flu-ish" after. I tested this again, and had the same
result. Now, after learning about celiac, I'm feeling that the liver
might be overloaded from the toxins of the food sensitivities, since the
liver must cleanse the blood of the food toxins. (I have developed, over
time, strong sensitivities to six of the "big 7" food allergies. I can
still have eggs, thank God).

Has any one else had this feeling with the liver? I am informed on
natural healing and find I can only do the mildest of cleanses such as
have a small wedge of lemon in water in the morning. This starts a mid
cleanse! The juice of one lemon, in water, creates too strong of a
cleanse. If I create too strong of a cleanse, then I feel quite sick,
and it exacerbates my worst symptom (bladder weakness). I wonder if the
toxins, once released from the liver have the same effect as if I had
just eaten those foods? At this rate, I feel like this mild cleanse will
take forever, but I feel that I would like to get on with being healthy
so that I can have energy, and to drop some weight. Right now, (even
without a cleanse)  I must take a rest for one or two hours every
afternoon, and yet I have a family and a ministry to care
for.....luckily both allow flexibility and understanding.

I will be patient, but I would be curious if others with multiple
sensitivities have had this problem....

Sincerely,

Mary K.

California