From:
Julie Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:07:29 CST

I first just wanted to say thank you all very much for your quick and
helpful responses.  I was overwhelmed by eveyone's support, compassion, and
advice. I also would like to apologize for me taking three weeks to write
this summary!  My only excuse is that I've had a lot of studying to do, that
and I'm a procrastinator to the highest degree.

On the issue of mustard:

Vinegar is the problematic ingredient.  Your responses varied greatly on
whether or not distilled vinegar is okay to eat after the distillation
process.  Some thought it was best to buy mustard at a health food store,
but quite a few of you mentioned French's mustard being okay to eat and that
is what was in my fridge so I was content with that.  It hasn't seemed to
bother me at all (and I've been eating a lot of hamburgers!)  Gulden's
mustard is also gf.

On the issue of salad dressings:

Just 2 Good salad dressings are gf, along with most Wishbone dressings.
Annie's Natural from GF Pantry also gf. It is the food starch in the salad
dressings to watch out for.

Soda Pop:

I did get one response telling me that coke and pepsi were not okay due to
the caramel coloring ingredient effecting nutrient absorption.  However,
most said that coke and pepsi products were okay with the exception of root
beer, and I have stuck with that. I'm just not quite ready to give up
caffeine too!

Helpful websites:

www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003
www.dietspec.com
www.glutensolutions.com
www.glutenfreegrocery.com
www.glutenfreeinfo.com

Mail Order GF Food Stores:

Gluten Free Pantry,  Miss Robens, and Ener-G Foods

GF Malto Meal Cereals:

Corn Bursts
Puffed Rice
Fruity Dyno Bites
Cocoa Dyno Bites

I think this is about as close as I am going to get to summarizing all 200
of your responses! I apologize if I've left something out!  Thank  you all
again for the help!  It's so good to know that I am not alone on this whole
thing, although watching ALL of my friends sitting around drinking beer and
eating pizza kind of makes me wonder!  Thanks again everyone!

Sincerely,
Julie Jones