From:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:26:13 -0500

Thank you to all of you who so kindly responded to my inquiry regarding
some 'secondary' celiac symptoms I have noticed.  In fact, many of you have
indeed experienced or heard of these symptoms such as inflamed veins in the
palms and elsewhere, ringing in the ears, pain in the gallbladder area and
anxiety / panic attacks.

While none of these symptoms are pleasant, I suppose misery does like
company and in fact, it is nice to know that these ARE celiac disease
which, while it manifests itself in the gut, it can be more vicious and
sneaky than that.

After years of MDs trying to explain me away symptom by symptom, I finally
know that this is a whole / holistic issue involving diet, exercize and the
mind-body work.   I have had 16 mis diagnosis and a huge battery of testing
and surgeries until my childrens' pediatrician diagnosed me.

I now am GF almost 4 months, but the damage is such that I have been told 6
mos-2yrs for full stableization.  So at least there is light at the end of
the tunnel. And now, finally, I have at least one answer to all the issues
that have plagued me for years and am seeing some relief at least to the
point of it being manageable.

I also received so many helpful hints from many of you regarding other
dietary issues and am now finding a positive response to eliminating casien
at this time from my diet.

Bless us all!This is a wonderful supportive community. Lets hope no one
else suffers needlessly.  This diet is a blessing in light of the
alternatives>  Thanks to all of you who responded!