From:
"Marne L. Platt, VMD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 21:03:02 -0500

DEar fellow listers: I hope someone out there can help me with this. I have
DH and have been gf for about 7 months, and it has made a huge improvcement
for me. I still get itchy and blistery when I slip up, but tonight
something new happened.
        I know that I had something not gf in a Thai restaurant i ate at
tonite (my fault-didn't get the card to an English-fluent restaurant staff
worker, ate something I wasn't sure of because this was someone I don't
know very well and I was embarrassed to make a fuss-stupid, but that's the
way it was). Anyway, with a half-hopur or so I began to itch and blister,
as always. Now, however, i am gassy, bloated, and have been running to the
bathroom every few minutes (needless to say, I went right home after dinner
<g>). My dinner partbner had the same foods I did, no probl;ems, so it' not
food poisoning.
        So my questuion is, if you start out with just DH, can you develop
full blown CD symptoms? do you become "more senstifve" after eliminating the
glutens? has this happened to anyone else? I will summarize replies to the
list.
        Thanks to anyone with info-gotta run :-(
MArne in NJ, USA

The impossible is merely that which has not yet been accomplished!