From:
Cindy Kietzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Kietzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:33:23 -0700

Dear Listmates,

I called Dole to check the gf staus of their juices in cartons, particularly the pinapple orange since it's my favorite.  The gentleman I spoke with advised me to check the numbers on the top of the carton following the expiration date.  If the first two numbers are 48, 12 or 33, there should be no problem with cross-contamination.  These are the codes for manufacturing plants in different cities.  48 is the code for the Bradenton, Florida plant (also listed on the carton), 12 is for Ft. Pierce and 33 is for City of Industry.

Hope this information is useful to someone out there!

Cindy