From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:40:16 EDT

I made a meat loaf last week and my husband said it was the best one I have
ever made.  I used about 1 1/2# lean ground beef - 2 eggs - grated onion  -
salt and fresh ground pepper - 1 tsp French's worcestershire sauce, about 3/4
cup milk, 1/2 cup gf corn flakes and 3/4 cup Rice Crunch Ems (chopped pretty
fine in food processor).    I made them into mini meat loafs (8) and baked
them at 365 in a heavy pan uncovered until done.

I chopped up (large pieces) 8 oz mushrooms and browned them - added 2 tsp of
potato starch and about 1 cup homemade chicken broth, salt and pepper.  I
served the sauce over the meat loaf and it was really good.  Also served
mashed potatoes with a couple of garlic cloves tossed in with potatoes -
gives a wonderful flavor.  Don't remove garlic when mashing potatoes.

I've been using potato starch ever since I heard Jacque Pepin on TV state it
was the best thickener.