From:
Dan Grochowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Grochowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:29:15 -0500

Having read recent messages about issues with Outback restaurants I wanted to report my recent experience with the Outback in Farmington, NM.
As always, when we entered the restaurant we asked for their gluten free menu.  Shortly after being seated the owner of the restaurant, Kevin, introduced himself to us and asked if we needed any help with the GF menu and to let us know that their assistant manager would be preparing our meal as they always do for anyone ordering off their GF menu.  He let us know that the manager will put on new gloves every time he works on our meal as well as various other things they do to prevent cross contamination and that they take our health very seriously.
We asked if we were the only table eating GF but to our surprise there were 3 other tables eating GF too.  The owner came back a number of times to make sure things were being done correctly and to our satisfaction.  He was very personable and we enjoyed talking with him during his visits.  He definitely had his staff well trained, not only regarding GF but on how to treat customers well.  I am sure they enjoyed the generous tip we left.
If every Outback was like the one in Farmington, NM, there would never be an issue.
Dan in Albuquerque.