From:
Linda Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:42:27 EDT

Hi to all you fellow celiacs!!  Quick question.  My daughter (also celiac) is
22 and is dating a great young man and she thinks it is time to talk about
celiac beyond just the strict diet.  I have always seen 20% as the figure for
odds on one's children having celiac or diabetes.  But from being on this
bulletin board for almost two years, I feel the percentage for celiacs having
celiacs is higher.   She just wants to be honest, but doesn't want to make it
sound worse than it is either.  Has anybody seen anything medical on this
lately besides the 20 % figure.  Is childhood diabetes still figured at 20%
probablility chance as well? Thanks in advance.  I will summarize.    Bye
Linda