Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:20:15 +1030

 /R<BR>

A somewhat belated addition to the favourite recipes subject.

The most regularly baked item in my house are Bette Hagman's Zucchini Muffins. They are so easy to throw together and are always a success. I have substituted carrot for the zucchini with great success and I imagine that bananas would also be fine. Brownies are also a great success. I use my normal recipe and substitute gf flour which works just fine as there is so little flour involved.

As I study full-time and have a young family I am always interested in quick healthy gf meals for myself when the rest of the family are having something non-gf. My favourite lunches are Corn Thins with cream cheese, tuna and cucumber. Favourite dinner is my own invention which some find revolting, but I love it - microwave or sauté chopped onion, capsicum, zucchini and tomatoes, stir in some cooked whole grain rice and warm through, then add a tin of herrings (or pilchards) in tomato sauce (gf of course). Makes a nutritious easy delicious one bowl meal for those nights when everyone is having takeaway.

Zucchini Muffins

1/3  cup sugar

2 eggs

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cup GF flour mix

1 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1 cup grated zucchini

1/4 cup raisins

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 400f (200C). Grease 10 - 12 muffin cups.

Beat together the sugar, eggs, and oil.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir these into the sugar mixture. The batter will seem dry. Stir in the zucchini, raisins and nuts.

Spoon batter into prepared cups to two thirds full. Bake for 20 minutes. Yummy.

Cheers,

Sandra (Adelaide, Australia)