From:
Diana Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:36:25 -0600

Is there anyone here that knows anything about amino acids and if there is a
connection of elevations of Anserine or Glycine in the urine and malsorbtion
to milk or celiac?

I want to thank everyone for the responses that they have given so far on
Nolan. By far many people have large bulky stools. I will summarize the

Pathology Report

Amino Acids, Quat.   Matablic screening  urine /random urine

Taurine                   1127     umol/L
Aspartic Acid               39
Threonine                  878
Serine                     229
Asparagine                 421
Glutamine                  932
Glycine                   3329
Alanine                    964
Valine                      49
Methionine                  20
Isoleucine                  24
Leucine                     60
Tyrosine                   153
Phenylalanine               80
B-Alanine                    9
B-Aminoisobutyric AC        84
Gamma-Aminobutyric A        48
Lysine                     114
1-Methylhistidine          422
Histidine                 1735
3-Methylhistidine          250
Carnosine                  132
Argine                      50

So far he has had 2 urine tests that had elevated glycine, also Anserine
usually is shown as 0 from what I have found on the internet. Nolan does not
have symptoms of hyperglycemia though. Does anyone here see anything in
these results that would suggest a malsorption disorder to milk or celiac or
something else in his test results. We go back in April to have his blood
check for glycine, but I was wondering if there might be something going on
that is producing the symptoms he is having.

Any information would be helpful, or possibly a place where I can find out
more information on these results.

Diana at [log in to unmask]