From:
Bob & Carol Child <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:19:47 -0600

Dear Members,

   A recent post stated that the most common symptom of celiac sprue was
fatigue.  (I would have assumed it was diarrhea.)  I've been a diagnosed
celiac for about 12 years.  By carefully watching what I eat I get along
very well.  However,  my main symtoms were digestive problems, not
fatigue (although I had that too).

   My daughter has had severe fatigue for years, but she is not anemic
nor does she have thyroid problems.  I'm wondering if the fatigue could
be caused by sprue.

   I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have some ideas on
whether you can have celiac sprue with fatigue as the only symtom.
   Thanks in advance.

         Carol