From:
Dwight Senne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dwight Senne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:50:04 -0500

Thanks for all the replies! As a new member of the list, I had no idea that I would get so many responses!

The overwhelming majority said a diagnosis (by obtaining a biopsy) can only be made via an endoscope, although 2 people said their diagnosis was from a colonoscopy.

Thanks to your insights, I was able to persuade my mother to persuade her doctor to do the endoscopic procedure at the same as her colonoscopy. The tests were done yesterday, so she does not have the results yet. If they come back and say the test was negative I'm going to question whether they really did it or not (she was sedated), because she has more of the symptoms than I did.

Anyway, thanks again!!!

Dwight Senne
Marion, IA