From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:38:16 -0800

I found out that Kahlua is distributed by a company called Allied
Domecq.  They have a web-site so I wrote to them the following:

 I belong to a community of "celiacs".  This is a disease
in which you cannot tolerate gluten, which is in
wheat, oats, barley & rye.  We have tried
desparately to find out if Kahlua is gluten-free.

We've been unable to find out anything about the
ingredients or whether or not it's gluten-free.  Can
you please help us.  I can't tell you how many more
people would be drinking it if they knew this answer.

Sidona Ryan

This is their exact reply:

Dear Ms. Ryan:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Kahlua.

Kahlua is gluten-free. There are no grain derived ingredients in Kahlua.

Spirits are from sugar cane and other components are coffee extract and
vanilla with sugar also being from cane.

Regards,
Dina Howe

If you would like their web-site address, here it is:

http://www.allieddomecqplc.com/flashed.htm

Sidona