From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:32:35 -0700

For years, I had been getting food from my local coffee shop.  Just scrambled eggs or an omelette with homefries and no toast because I had spoken to several people there and was assured of the ingredients.  I had recently seen a posting elsewhere about the cafe and went into shock.  They have a two page gluten free menu!  So far, I've had grilled cheese with bacon on gf bread, corned beef and cabbage, grilled chicken breast with a scampi sauce, the regular scrambled eggs but now with gf toast, etc.  They have gf pasta and daily specials as well as soups that happen to be gf.  It is so wonderful to have a local place with a gf menu (and so many choices)!  I am not always a super-sensitive celiac, but I have had no problems here.

Cafe Eighty-Two
2282 Broadway (at 82nd St.)
New York, NY  10024
(212) 875-8373