From:
Alex Schwedack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:34:29 EST

To all the wonderful people that have answered my question about the jelly
beens. I thank you for your help. I will try to run down any info from this
company. If I cannot, maybe I will just take a chance and try a few licorice
jelly beens. I know that there are Celiacs that do not get a reaction when a
small amount of non-gf foods are eaten. I will let you know my findings.

On another note:
Yesterday I ate in a diner. I asked the waitress if the chicken broth was in a
seperate pot thern the noodles, or what ever is added to the soup. She told me
yes.

I ordered the just plain broth. After finishing the soup, I saw two pieces of
noodle at the bottom of the cup. When I complained to the owner, he shrugged
his shoulder as if to say "So what's the big deal". I answered him with If I
did not have a medical problem, I would not be talking about this to you. If I
am told that the soup is seperated from the other ingredients, and I find
noodles in the soup which I am allergic to, then this is a problem.
I left and will never go back there, and hereafter I will question the
waitress more thoroughly.

Alex